Sunday, December 26, 2010

First Sunday After Christmas - Isaiah 61:10

My Soul Shall Exult in My God

This is how I felt after the Celtic Christmas midnight candle service I attended at the First Pres Church in my city last night – a practice I believe I’m going to make a Christmas Eve tradition.

10 I will greatly rejoice in the Lord;

my soul shall exult in my God,

for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation;

he has covered me with the robe of righteousness,

as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress,

and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

11 For as the earth brings forth its sprouts,

and as a garden causes what is sown in it to sprout up,

so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise

to sprout up before all the nations.

No comments:

Post a Comment